You will be the main driver of research activity at CPR. You must possess the requisite expertise in your assigned research function, and strong leadership and communication skills to manage a team of Research Assistants in drug discovery projects.
CPR is seeking a Senior Scientist with expertise in drug discovery utilizing novel biotechnology and chemical biology platform. The job scope is as follows:
- Lead peptide identification screening such as Beads-based separation, ELISA, Alphascreen, qPCR, NGS analysis, robotic operation
- Novel screening technology development
- Novel peptide engineering technology development
- Drug discovery project proposal and promotion
The applicant is recommended to have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Chemical biology or nucleic acid chemistry
- Antibody, protein, or peptide engineering
- In vitro display / bio-panning (e.g.: phage display, cell display, SELEX, etc )
- In vitro compartmentalization, Microfluidics, or Nanopore technology
- Targeted protein degradation or RNA-targeting small molecule research
- Lead identification screening in drug discovery
- Coding for wet experiments from scratch, machine learning, big data analysis, data visualization or business intelligence analysis
The applicant must have completed and be awarded with a relevant Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Science/Biochemistry/Chemical Biology/Biotechnology/Information science with 1-2 years of working experience in a related field. In addition, the successful candidates must be able to demonstrate technical expertise in areas which may include nucleic acid chemistry, biology and protein chemistry as evidenced by projects, presentations, or peer-reviewed scientific publications.
Scientists with strong passion in medical science for creating and delivering innovative drugs to society which leads to saving patients suffering from unmet medical needs are highly desired. Familiarity or having prior work experience in precise experiments with great attention to details (i.e. comparable attention require for aseptic manipulation) will be a plus, although not absolutely necessary. You should also possess good command of spoken and written English, excellent organizational and communication skills, team player mindset, as well as the ability to multi-task.
Interested applicants are invited to apply now with their detailed resume, as well as their qualifications, availability, current and expected salary.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.